Disclaimer: These results are not conclusive yet! DO NOT REPLACE RELICS now. This data is updated for 1/17/2017 hotfix list, but blizzard can always change things around before live, as they did with MA relics in the first place.
7.1.5 has changed the last three levels. They now are each decreased by 2 seconds.
- 7.1.0 with 6 levels: 10/10/10/10/10/10 (total 60s reduction)
- 7.1.5 with 6 levels: 10/10/10/8/6/4 (total 48s reduction)
Let's go ahead and talk about the changes and how it will affect your relic choices. First, here is some terminology:
- MA = Master Assassin
- GW = Gushing Wound
- Psn = Assassination Poison spec (1130111) detailed info in Stjern's Guide
- Exs = Assassination Bleed spec (2130131) detailed info in Stjern's Guide
- CoF = Convergence of Fates
- Deeper Strategem
Some questions that keep popping up include:
- Are Gushing Wound relics better than MA?
- Are 3 MA relics still BiS?
- If I have the legendary boots how many MA relics should I choose?
We've done some preliminary simulations and there are some interesting results. In general, the value of MA relics compared to GW relics increases if you have the Convergence of Fates trinket or the Duskwalker's Footpads boots legendary. Below are some simulations for those interested in looking at the data.
TL;DR: The gap between relics has closed significantly with the change and the relics are almost equal now, so higher ilvl upgrades of either relic type are much better than before, even though certain relic combinations do pull ahead slightly if all relics are equal ilvl.
- No Legendary Boots or CoF: 3GW relics are BIS by a slim margin
- With CoF, no legendary boots: 3MA relics are still BiS by a slim margin.
- With legendary boots, no CoF:
- For poison build, 3xMA is BIS by a slim margin.
- For bleed build, 2xGW 1xMA is BIS by a big margin.
- With Legendary Boots and CoF: 3MA Relic are BIS by a big margin.
Without Convergence of Fates
With Convergence of Fates
It's worth a mention that looking at the exsang build with boots but no CoF trinket, the difference between all relic combinations is incredibly slim. Although 3xGW are a tiny bit above 3xMA, I called 3xMA BIS because it allows you to easily change between poison and exsang build, and the difference between the two is within the margin of error for the simulation.
Also, note these are single target simulations only, as you add more targets, gushing wound pulls ahead of MA relics in most cases as rupture can affect multiple targets but vendetta only affects one.