This article is up to date for 7.1.5 as of 1/26/2017 and if any further tuning happens, I will try to update it asap.
- 7.1.0 with 6 levels: 10/10/10/10/10/10 (total 60s reduction)
- 7.1.5 with 6 levels: 10/10/10/8/6/4 (total 48s reduction)
Let's go ahead and talk about the changes and how it will affect your relic choices. First, here is some terminology:
- MA = Master Assassin: Vendetta cooldown reduction relic
- GW = Gushing Wound: Rupture % dmg increase relic
- TB = Toxic Blades: Envenom % dmg increase relic
- Sin = Assassination Poison spec (1130111) detailed info in Stjern's Guide
- Exsg = Assassination Bleed spec (2130131) detailed info in Stjern's Guide
- CoF = Convergence of Fates
Some questions that keep popping up include:
- Are GW relics better than MA?
- Are 3 MA relics still BiS?
- If I have the legendary boots how many MA relics should I choose?
- How good are envenom relics with rogue 4pc? Do they beat GW or MA?
We've done some preliminary simulations and there are some interesting results. In general, the value of MA relics compared to GW relics increases if you have the Convergence of Fates trinket or the Duskwalker's Footpads boots legendary. Additionally, Envenom relics value increases once you get the rogue 4pc. Below are some simulations for those interested in looking at the data.
TL;DR: The gap between relics has closed significantly with the change and the relics are almost equal now, so higher ilvl upgrades of either relic type are much better than before, even though certain relic combinations do pull ahead slightly if all relics are equal ilvl.
All sims are done using Nighthold mythic gear, with 4pc and CoF equipped.
- No legendary boots or CoF: 3xGW is BIS.
- No legendary Boots: 3xMA is BIS.
- With legendary boots: 3xMA or 2xMA 1xGW relics are BiS.
Note, TB relics are slightly stronger than GW relics when playing poison build with 4pc, but only on pure single target. GW relics are better overall because they are almost identical single target while being better multitarget.
Without Legendary boots
With Legendary boots
Note these are single target simulations only, as you add more targets, gushing wound pulls ahead of MA relics in most cases as rupture can affect multiple targets but vendetta only affects one.